Note: these versions are beta versions, not official releases!
WebSite-Watcher / Changes
Legend: [+] added, [x] changed/improved, [-] bugfix
Version 14.2 contains many internal changes because we updated to a new compiler version. With that move, we also updated or replaced several third party components which were no longer under development.
2014 (14.2) final
- [+] Scripting language: new function "GetLastCheckUpdatedBookmarkCount"
- [+] Send e-mails: Header "X-Mailer" is no longer used in e-mails sent by WebSite-Watcher
- [+] Bookmark properties / RSS feed analysis: Link URL is displayed
- [+] Atom feeds: GUID is now used (this will cause a false positive when Atom feeds are checked the first time with the new version)
- [-] Bookmark properties / RSS / Keep the most recent X articles: Option did not work correctly for Atom feeds (only for RSS feeds)
- [-] View + Log file + Deleted filter: Filters were displayed in a single line, new filters are now added again in new lines
- [-] Bookmark properties + Convert Unicode URLs: Some conversion fixes/improvements
- [-] Fix a bug where defined CSS filters were deleted falsely
2014 (14.2) Beta-3
- [-] Navigation in bookmark list and report window didn't work correctly
- Minor bugs fixed
2014 (14.2) Beta-2
- [-] Send mail: Option AutoSSL didn't work for certain servers
- [-] FTP didn't work correctly for certain addresses
2014 (14.2) Beta-1
- [+] New option to optionally disable toolbar tooltips
- [+] Plugins: "Bookmark_Setproperty" can read/write the bookmark note
- [+] Plugins: "Bookmark_Setproperty" can write the bookmark name
- [+] Checking PDF files with Internet Explorer Macros
- [+] Bookmark pre-definitions: It's possible to predefine the option "Suppress frameset warning"
- [+] Bookmark pre-definitions: It's possible to predefine the option "Ignore message: whole content filtered"
- [+] Bookmark pre-definitions: It's possible to predefine the options "Checking method", "file type" and "character set"
- [x] Improved detection if bookmarks with check technology "Internet Explorer/Browser" have an error 404/page not found
- [x] Improved detection if entered regular expressions are correct, WebSite-Watcher also show a warning when regular expressions will exceed internal memory limits due to massive backtracking
- [x] Special filter / minimum number of changes: Max value increased from 99 to 999
- [x] Re-creating database from cache folder improved
- [x] Improved detection of database problems and corrupted databases
- [x] Internet Explorer Macros improved
- [x] Tweak "PerformCheckOnlyIfUrlExists" improved - http://website-watcher.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3535
- [x] Improved: stopping AutoWatch while a check is running (could take a long time in previous versions)
- [+] json files are automatically handled as text files
- [x] internal: sending e-mails rewritten
- [x] internal: checking FTP files rewritten
- [x] internal: checking newsgroup rewritten
- [x] internal: backup system rewritten
- [-] Problems with yahoo smtp servers fixed